Last week I posted on how the Super Bowl was actually more of the Social Media Bowl. A colleague described Twitter last night as the world's "biggest sports bar".
Bluefin Labs provides an analysis of social media chatter last night such as the fact that David Beckham trumped Clint Eastwood and otherads as in photo below.
Jeremiah Owyang and his colleagues at Altimeter provide commentary on integration between the commercials with social, mobile and web brands including
- Brands Heavily Invested in Promoting Traditional Websites
- Surprisingly, Many Did Not Promote a Call-To-Action
- Only a Sixth of Ads Explicitly Promoted Social Media
- Hashtag Marketing Emerged to Stimulate Continual Engagement
- Cutting Edge Marketers Teased with New Marketing Tactics, including Shazam