They have brought us laser shows, LED necklaces, FastPasses and more. And they keep going. VisitOrlando has some recent innovations at the parks
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom offers Pandora - The World of AVATAR which features floating mountains, bioluminescent rainforests and a Banshee flying attraction, as well as new after-dark entertainment (see video below). Disney World’s nighttime spectacular Happily Ever After showcases many of its new characters from Zootopia, Moana and Brave. It also has MagicBands—wristbands with RFID. Wave it to check in at a FastPass+ entrance. Use it to pay for meals and unlock your Disney Resort hotel room.
- Universal Orlando Resorts’ Volcano Bay has Tapu Tapu wearable technology for virtual queuing. It also has Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon for a virtual visit to the city. Over the holidays, its Hogwarts Castle will use projection technology to show off moments from the Harry Potter series.
- Sea World Orlando’s has a digitally-enhanced ride experience where its popular Kraken is now a virtual reality (VR) roller coaster experience.
- International Drive now has the iFly indoor Skydiving in two all-glass wind tunnels.
- Andretti Karting has electronic go-karts, zip lines, racing simulators, laser tagging