On February 9, the Academy pre-honored 9 Scientific and Technical achievements :
- Pose Space Deformation technique used in computer-generated characters
- Light system for computer graphics lighting at PDI/DreamWorks.
- Katana computer graphics scene management and lighting software at Sony Pictures Imageworks
- Wavelet Turbulence software for simulation of gases and fluids
- Matthews Max Menace Arm which allows for precise positioning of fixtures and cameras
- Tissue Physically–Based Character Simulation Framework
- Mocha planar tracking and rotoscoping software at Imagineer Systems Ltd
- CINE VCLX Portable Power System
- Cooke Optics for advanced camera lenses
Don’t expect these geeks to be too prominent on the telecast Sunday:)
I plan to cheer when the short video about these awards runs during the broadcast.