Interesting factoids in this analysis from the US Census Bureau
- The percentage of all workers who worked at least 1 day at
home increased from 7.0 percent in 1997 to 9.5 percent in 2010.
- The population working exclusively from home increased from
4.8 percent of all workers to 6.6 percent.
- Home-based work in computer, engineering, and science occupations
increased by 69 percent between 2000 and 2010.
- Nearly half of home-based workers were self-employed.
- In 2010, the Boulder, Colorado, metropolitan area had among
the highest percentage of workers who worked from home
most of the workweek with 10.9 percent.